We at Sonae Indústria are committed to provide a safe and healthy environment for our employees, contractors, customers, visitors and the communities in which we operate. We recognise that effective health and safety management supports good business principles and must be considered in all objectives and decisions.
Every Sonae Indústria business activity is committed to a systematic approach to health and safety management, designed to:
- Reduce and control risk with the aim of preventing incidents, injuries and occupational illnesses.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Achieve continuous improvement.
In order to support this, we will:
- Manage, supervise and lead by example.
- Set challenging internal objectives for health and safety, and publicly report on our performance.
- Emphasise individual responsibility and accountability for health and safety at all levels.
- Provide the necessary training, instruction, information and resources.
- Ensure that all contractors and suppliers manage health and safety in line with this Policy.
- Measure, appraise and report on compliance with legal requirements, health and safety standards and procedures.
- Systematically evaluate and review the effectiveness of the policy and the health and safety management system.
In this way we will have a health and safety culture and performance that we can be proud of and with which we aim to earn the confidence of employees, contractors, customers, shareholders and the public.